Quantcast

BeagleBoard Black

Claudiu Tanaselia-3
Hi,

You are probably aware of the new BeagleBoard Black (
http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone%20Black). Any chance OpenBSD
would decently run on it any time soon? I am aware of the efforts posted
here: http://www.openbsd.org/beagle.html and I'm keeping an eye on that
page, hoping that support will be updated for the new version.

Regards,
Claudiu.

Re: BeagleBoard Black

Jonatan Walck

Re: BeagleBoard Black

Brandon Mercer-3
The beaglebone black will not run on our existing beagle work. Dev
work would need to be done to get it up and running. There are a lot
of arm products coming out right now. Some of them have powerful cpus
and are useful for computational things. Others have SATA slots so we
can attach spinny disks or SSD's which is useful. Still yet, we have
things like the beaglebone and black have a bunch of headers for
interfacing with sensors, LED's. It's hard to decide which devices to
support.

Re: BeagleBoard Black

Claudiu Tanaselia
Unfortunately, I didn't had the chance to get my hands on a BeagleBoard
yet. I'll probably get one in the future, the price is pretty decent. I do
own a Raspberry Pi, but I can understand why there are no efforts towards
this platform.