Quantcast

Arm v5te

jin&hitman&Barracuda
Hi
I want to ask some questions about OpenBSD Arm.
I use an evolution embedded board that contain in an Arm926 ej-s Cpu  (via
vt8505 & Arm-V5te).
I interested in the load OpenBSD Arm on this device. Can OpenBSD Arm kernel
run on this device?
Does OpenBSD-Arm support this cpu family?
Is this possible?

Other some attributes of that device.
128 Mbyte DDR2 Ram
2 Gbyte NAND Flash
7" Wvga Screen 800x480
And it uses u-boot to boot process

Thanks A Lot...
From HemiB A R R A C U D A !

Re: Arm v5te

Marek Vasut
On Friday 17 December 2010 21:11:15 jin&hitman&Barracuda wrote:
> Hi
> I want to ask some questions about OpenBSD Arm.
> I use an evolution embedded board that contain in an Arm926 ej-s Cpu  (via
> vt8505 & Arm-V5te).
> I interested in the load OpenBSD Arm on this device. Can OpenBSD Arm kernel
> run on this device?
No
> Does OpenBSD-Arm support this cpu family?
Not via, it does armv5te though
> Is this possible?
Yes

> Other some attributes of that device.
> 128 Mbyte DDR2 Ram
> 2 Gbyte NAND Flash
> 7" Wvga Screen 800x480
> And it uses u-boot to boot process
>
> Thanks A Lot...

Re: Arm v5te

jin&hitman&Barracuda
Thanks for answer.
But I'm so confused
Can OpenBSD-Arm run on this device?

I want to ask one more question, but not about above type question
I know the name of a person marek, too and his name's same as your name.
His is interested in OpneBSD on Palm. I think so, it had to be you?

Thanks

From HemiB A R R A C U D A !

Re: Arm v5te

Marek Vasut
On Saturday 18 December 2010 18:15:22 jin&hitman&Barracuda wrote:
> Thanks for answer.
> But I'm so confused
> Can OpenBSD-Arm run on this device?

Not by default, you'll have to port it.

> I want to ask one more question, but not about above type question
> I know the name of a person marek, too and his name's same as your name.
> His is interested in OpneBSD on Palm. I think so, it had to be you?

Not anymore ... there were some circumstances and my membership in obsd was
terminated. I won't elaborate any further on this matter, search ML.

What do you need to know about obsd/palm ?

> Thanks
>
> 2010/12/17 Marek Vasut <[hidden email]>
>
> > On Friday 17 December 2010 21:11:15 jin&hitman&Barracuda wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I want to ask some questions about OpenBSD Arm.
> > > I use an evolution embedded board that contain in an Arm926 ej-s Cpu
> >
> >  (via
> >
> > > vt8505 & Arm-V5te).
> > > I interested in the load OpenBSD Arm on this device. Can OpenBSD Arm
> >
> > kernel
> >
> > > run on this device?
> >
> > No
> >
> > > Does OpenBSD-Arm support this cpu family?
> >
> > Not via, it does armv5te though
> >
> > > Is this possible?
> >
> > Yes
> >
> > > Other some attributes of that device.
> > > 128 Mbyte DDR2 Ram
> > > 2 Gbyte NAND Flash
> > > 7" Wvga Screen 800x480
> > > And it uses u-boot to boot process
> > >
> > > Thanks A Lot...

Re: Arm v5te

jin&hitman&Barracuda
Thanks for answer.

I have Palm LifeDrive (Actually lifeFlash -Replaced internal mini hdd with
Compact Flash Card-)
Did OpenBSD/Palm project finish or is project situation already usable

From HemiB A R R A C U D A !

Re: Arm v5te

Marek Vasut
On Saturday 18 December 2010 19:39:14 jin&hitman&Barracuda wrote:
> Thanks for answer.
>
> I have Palm LifeDrive (Actually lifeFlash -Replaced internal mini hdd with
> Compact Flash Card-)
> Did OpenBSD/Palm project finish or is project situation already usable

Should be usable to some extent ... I prefer to use linux on my palmld as it's
much further on this kind of devices (though the kernel itself has a much bigger
overhead ... otoh, obsd doesn't support dma transfers on pxammc ... there are
pros and cons on both sides as you can see).

> 2010/12/18 Marek Vasut <[hidden email]>
>
> > On Saturday 18 December 2010 18:15:22 jin&hitman&Barracuda wrote:
> > > Thanks for answer.
> > > But I'm so confused
> > > Can OpenBSD-Arm run on this device?
> >
> > Not by default, you'll have to port it.
> >
> > > I want to ask one more question, but not about above type question
> > > I know the name of a person marek, too and his name's same as your
> > > name. His is interested in OpneBSD on Palm. I think so, it had to be
> > > you?
> >
> > Not anymore ... there were some circumstances and my membership in obsd
> > was terminated. I won't elaborate any further on this matter, search ML.
> >
> > What do you need to know about obsd/palm ?
> >
> > > Thanks

Re: Arm v5te

jin&hitman&Barracuda
Greetings from Turkey...